5 Facts About Ballads
Here are 5 facts about ballads
blog comments powered by
- Ballads are a form of verse, often a narrative set to music.
- They were characteristic of British and Irish popular songs from the later medieval period until the 19th century
- Ballads about Robin Hood were being sung from at least the late 14th century
- Broadside ballads (also known as 'roadsheet’, ‘vulgar’ ) were a popular in the 16th century
- The most common use of the term ballad in modern pop music is for an emotional love song